Saturday, May 7, 2016

Never thought she would look pretty in pink!

Andriana is a relatively new doll in my collection. I did not knit anything yet for her. I knitted this dress a long ago for my first childhood doll; but I did not like it on her. Then, I made the dress longer and tried it on my Corolle doll. She was wearing it for a while. However, I made it too long and again I did not like it, but I refused to work on it again. Then a few days ago I saw a new theme in the FB Sasha group (Pretty in pink) and I decided try the dress on Andriana and finally it looked right. So I unraveled the bottom, and made it shorter again, and here she is in her new pink dress. 
Also, I would never guess she would look so nice in this shade of pink. I have a baby romper in pale pink and yellow, and it looks awful on her.As I was making pictures and trying to catch the light I figured out that a baby and a crib from my daughter's doll collection should fit well in the picture and that's how my baby girl received some new toys.:)









2 comments:

  1. She does indeed look really pretty in pink. Isn't funny how some shades of certain colours really suit some but not others. Love this little dress on her. How lucky she was to end up with new toys as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it also was because the aforementioned baby romper was a combination of pink and yellow colors that didn't play well with her hair. And this pink plays well with her pink lips. I also like her in her original dress, which is brown, and wonder what other colors would look good on her.

      Delete